My Doll Collection...My Dollection!

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Barbie A Frame Dreamhouse

I've wanted one of these for a while...but didn't buy one as they are sooo expensive on eBay.  Lo and behold, I found one for FREE!  Someone had it out for large item garbage day!  I'm on a local upcycling Facebook site, and someone posted that it was on the curb for large item pick up.  I rushed out of the house, "I'm going for a drive!!".  Hubby replied, "What are you going to get now?"  I said "Erm...a doll house..."
Hubby scoffed a bit and asked "You already have one, where are you going to put it??  And before you say it...you can't have a dollhouse on each floor of the house."  Erm...the kitchen table??  We don't need to eat there, do we?  He's actually pretty easy going about it, but he likes to tease me about it.
It was quite dirty and loaded with custom artwork...but the marker came off quite easy...most of it without magic eraser.
Missing a door

Also a few windows...

One of these door also missing...

Some more marker?  I think...
I accidentally broke a peg off this planter trying to get it out to wash...oops..

I was more careful with this planter.  Didn't break it.

All clean!!  I hadn't really thought about how big it would actually be...like I said...kitchen table!
Driving away with it in my car, I felt like those people from the Ikea commercial..."Start the car!!" Ha!  In case you haven't seen that commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlWCLw75XnE

I really can't complain about missing parts...since, well, it was free.  I looked on eBay...and there is someone selling parts, but for $12-20 CAD each piece plus $18 CAD shipping...I don't think so, just yet.  I'll hold out for now.

It's sooo awesome.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, that really is huge! Looks like it'll be fun though - and you certainly can't beat free when it comes to a price! ;)

    ReplyDelete