My Doll Collection...My Dollection!

Monday, January 4, 2016

A Chainsarm (Chainsaw for an arm...get it?)

Happy New Year to everyone!

I had this Amanita Nightshade Monster High doll that was missing an arm (bought in a lot of used dolls), and was trying to figure out how to make an arm for her.


I had another forearm piece in her same coloring; but it was a bit larger, I assumed it was from a male doll.  I was perusing the Dollar Tree and found a wrestler type action figure with a chainsaw accessory.  My mind went immediately to Ash vs. Evil Dead.
Photo from Google image search



I used my new Dremel tool I got myself for Christmas, and carved out a hole in the end for the chainsaw to fit on the forearm piece.


Hubs is the glue and adhesive master in the household, so he then filled it with hot glue so it was flush.


Looks pretty good so far!!  The larger arm looks more muscular from holding a chainsaw attached to it!

My next step was on to painting the saw.  I sprayed it with Krylon Matte Spray before hand; as I wasn't sure how the hot glue would take the acrylic paint.


Almost finished!  I also painted her other hand with black to make it look like she has a fingerless glove.
I added a coat of glossy varnish.


I repainted her lips and eyebrows black.  Now I just need to make her a kick-ass outfit suitable for zombie killing.

Groovy!

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Love this! The concept and your execution of it are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I have so many armless MH dolls. I plan to make some hands for them, but this is a nice idea too!!
    I added you to my doll blog list! My Blogspot is jamiestoyblog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'll check yours out!

    ReplyDelete