My Doll Collection...My Dollection!

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Monster High Repaint

Remember this girl?

Well, I finally decided to change her face, after looking at her purple hair and flowery face paint for long enough.  While I did like the purple hair, I didn't think it really suited the whole my-arm-is-a-chainsaw look.  Plus I thought maybe I should actually finish one of my started projects.

I though brown would go with her green skin tone, but didn't have any brown hair, and didn't feel like ordering any at this point in time.  So...I opted for this brown yarn from my stash.


It took almost a whole day to just root the perimeter of her head with the yarn.  I quit there, and decided to pull her hair back into a pony tail, which covered her scalp that I painted brown.


Ready to repaint the face.  I wasn't really sure where I wanted to start.  She has pointy ears, so I thought maybe some kind of elf?  I googled warrior elf faces but nothing really stood out to me.  What kind of elf has a chainsaw arm, anyway?  Hmm.


She's a work in progress...and my first time repainting a Monster High doll face.  I tried the water color pencils, but I don't think I had enough Krylon to make them stick.  I was worried about getting too much and having a sticky face (that's what happened to a previous Barbie repaint of mine), so I just continued with acrylics and gave up with the pencils.  

Anyone have any suggestions for her face?  Warrior paint?  I want to add a scar of some sort to the side of her face I think.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment