My Doll Collection...My Dollection!

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

This. Doll's. Hair. Ugh.

Here is lovely Princess Tori from Barbie Princess and the Popstar.  She was in desperate need of hair doing.  I'm not sure what fibres her pink hair is made of, but as soon as brushed it the curl totally brushed out!  I've never had that happen before with brushing.  I washed her hair as I normally do my dolls, but the curl never really came back  >:(  The blond side still held the curl.

I tried to just twist the curl back in while the hair was wet, as per the photo below, but I still wasn't satisfied.
The top of her head turns, so she can either be a blond princess, or a pink haired popstar.  Hairs get caught under the part that turns, however, and little pieces of hair break off :(

I didn't want to try a boil perm, since I've never done it before, and it's not my doll.  So I wet her hair some more and wrapped it in sections around pipe cleaner.



Here she is with some friends (I also fixed their hair, for a friend's daughter); waiting for the curls to dry.  On a side note; the AA doll had a hair plug coming out of her ear!



I mixed up some sugar water hairspray (1 cup of water to 4 tsps sugar) and sprayed it with that.
Here is where I got the recipe (sans the essential oil):  http://wholenewmom.com/recipes/homemade-alcohol-free-hairspray-that-works/


Here is the end result!  It's not too bad, and certainly looks better than it did before all of this :)

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment