My Doll Collection...My Dollection!

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Simplicity Pattern 1955

I bought this pattern from Simplicity, because I liked the versatility of the more modern clothes to mix and match combined with some more formal pieces, and the fact that there were three size options in the pattern.

http://www.simplicity.com/p-6630-doll-clothes.aspx

It's supposed to fit Bratz dolls (the older ones), Barbie and Liv dolls (they were grouped into the same category of 11.5 inch dolls, but they have different body shapes so I was curious to see how that would work) and the Moxie Teenz dolls.

I have not tried all of the patterns yet.  I've done the simple gathered skirt with waistband, and find it to be too short on all the dolls (at least for my liking).  I need to lengthen it.  The t-shirt I made for my Moxie Teen doll, did not fit properly (she's too hippy and the bottom would not close).  I either need to shorten the shirt or make the bottom wider.  The shirt did, however, fit the Liv doll.  I've made a couple pairs of leggings in different lengths for the Bratz dolls.  The longer version also works for Monster High (not shown in my photo).



Moxie Teen in the skirt that I lengthened, Liv Hayden in the shirt and skirt intended for Moxie Teen, My Scene Barbie in the skirt, and a Bratz doll in the capri leggings (yes, her face is repainted).


Overall I think the pattern is a good start, just needs a bit of tweaking here and there.

On another note, since I was impatient and wanted the pattern "right. now", I chose the printer friendly version.  Never again.  80+ pages later from my printer...and then I had to tape all the pages together and cut out the pieces.  Next time I'll suck it up and wait for it to be shipped!

Do you use pre-made patterns?  What's your favorite?

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment