My Doll Collection...My Dollection!

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

La Dee Da

I bought a La Dee Da doll from Value Village a few weeks ago, for around $2.  I gravitated toward her at first because of the pink hair, of course!  Sadly,  not only did she have a "custom" haircut, she's totally nude:




I hadn't realized this line of dolls has also been discontinued (in Canada, at least), until I tried to find clothes for her.  At first I started at TRU and Walmart online, and came up with zilch.  I redirected my search to Amazon, and was saddened to see fashion packs priced around $30, then add shipping on top of that :(  Boo.  Then I found one that had been marked on sale for around $3 (ended up costing more with shipping, of course, but was still cheaper than purchasing one of the others).  It came in the mail yesterday.





 I realized once I got it out of the shipping package why the price was discounted so much, the outer plastic shell just fell right off in my hands.


 Oh, well.  Less work for me!  Just the plastic ties and casing holding the shoes and bracelets in left to snip.  Inside is the dress, a faux fur stole, a plastic purse, shoes, and two bracelets.



I'm not sure the green works with her pink hair.  The doll can't actually hold the purse.  The fit of the shoes seems a bit clunky to me.  The cardboard insert says the stole can also be used as a ruffle for the bottom of the dress.


Oops.  Or not.  It's a tad too big for that purpose!   I remembered reading somewhere that La Dee Da outfits fit MLP Equestria Girls (to which I have one that is also in need of clothes).


Here is my Celestia (a Value Village find for around $2, I love her hair) in the dress.  I think the colors are much better on her, with the blue and green colors in her hair!



Hey!  That's my outfit!

I'm still trying to find the best spot in my house for the best lighting in photos.  Where do you photograph your dolls?

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. About a month ago, I found this exact doll in one of the dumpsters by my house. I of course rescued her (along with the other dolls), and my Google quest to discover her origin brought me to your blog.

    ReplyDelete