My Doll Collection...My Dollection!

Friday, November 27, 2015

My Bloginning

I've always loved fashion dolls.  As a child I had a plethora of Barbies. I remember the first Barbie I bought with my own money.  My dad took me to Craig's in Vermilion, and I bought a Barbie that had a hair clip that turned pink in the sun (I don't remember her name, and I can't find her on Google now).  My grandma taught me how to sew...and from there I learned how to sew my own Barbie clothes.

Even into adolescence, I still played with my dolls, and had all my Holiday Barbies displayed in my room on a shelf.  Then I moved out of my childhood home...and my collecting took a hiatus...for a few years?

In my 30's now...my collecting is back and more fierce than ever.  With two young girls at home, it's easy to peruse the toy section.  In fact, my kids have gotten so used to it, they pull a doll from the shelf and say "Don't you want this one, mommy?".  Soon they're going to be the ones getting ME dolls for Christmas!  They never got into playing with dolls as much as I did as a child, and it's a shame!

Only now, my collection has broadened from Barbies.  The dolls that actually got me back into was Monster High.  I was fascinated by their superior articulation.  Now my collection includes not only Barbies and Monster High, but Bratz (old and new), Liv dolls (a shame they were discontinued!), a few Disney store dolls, some Ever After High dolls, among others.  *Most* of the dolls I own now are my "rescues" from thrift shops.

I've also gone back to my parent's to go through my bin of old (vintage, now?) Barbies.  Why did I tell my mom she could donate most of them??  Clearly I was NOT thinking.  Good bye, Holiday Barbies (*tear*).  What I had is now reduced to about 5 Barbies and 3 Ken dolls.  On a high note...I found my vintage Jem!  Her earrings still work!  Too bad all her clothes were missing.

I'm not sure yet what direction this blog is going to take, but I've stumbled across SO MANY interesting and inspiring blogs, I wished to start my own!  Luckily it's free...so I don't have anything to lose!

Shout outs to the following blogs that have inspired me:
http://www.toyboxphilosopher.com/
http://adayinthelifeofmydolls2.blogspot.ca/
http://fashiondollstylist.blogspot.ca/

Forgive me if I've done that wrong!  I'm learning ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment