My Doll Collection...My Dollection!

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Vintage Gems...and Jem!

I was recently going through my old toys at my parent's place, to see what I had left.  Among the Barbies with now horribly frizzy hair, mismatched outfits and lost accessories, I my stash of My Little Ponies.  I had to have a lot of dental work as a child, and My Little Ponies were my reward for good behavior. I had quite the collection!  I picked out my favorites:

Glittering Gem Princess Brush 'n Glow.  Is still my absolute fave :)

Ringlets, my Brush 'n Grow pony.

Ringlets, with her tail fully extended.

My babies: Baby Cuddles and Baby Sundance (both with Beddy Bye Eyes) and Baby Sticky.  I'm still looking for their accessories.

I found out their names (I couldn't remember them, of course) from this website:

http://strawberryreef.com/Index/G1/Country/us.html

It is all things MLP.



Now onto the dolls I found.  First up, is Maxie.  You remember Maxie dolls?  Like Ringlets, my Brush 'n Grow MLP, her hair also "grows".  It's still in pretty great condition, too, surprisingly!


I've been trying to add captions to these photos, but it keeps moving the photo around.  Grrrr.  I give up.  Anyway.  This is "Dance and Romance" Moxie with "Grow so Pretty" Hair.  I found the dress and the shoes, but those are all the accessories I could find.  Even her earrings are missing.  Boo.



 Hair goes down....




Hair goes up...


I think she's pretty cool.  On a side note, I discovered her shoes also fit the Liv dolls.  Outrageous!

Speaking of outrageous...you know what's TRULY outrageous?  Jem, of course!  I was stoked to find my Jem doll, although the only parts left to her outfit was the dress.  No shoes, microphone, belt, tights, or the Jerrica outfit.  It also appeared that her earrings were missing, until my DH took a closer look.  Turns out they were actually jammed inside her head.  He took it apart, and realized her earrings were just little blinky lights.  He replaced them with new LEDs, and this is what resulted:


Showtime, Synergy!!

Jem's earrings flash like they've never flashed before.  I think she could double as an emergency beacon now ;)

Thanks for looking!

































1 comment: